Wow, seriously Jeff... that's a pretty cool interpretation of smoke. I love the haze at the top... it really works with that definition you've got going at the bottom. Plus I dig the angry looks of entitlement you have there. This is are smoke… you have something to say about it?
Thanks Kate - I LOVE angry looks of entitlement! I have yet to see a smoker who is just SO happy to be smoking. They might enjoy the act of puffing away and making smoke rings, but it never looks like its bringing any joy.
I gotta say as a has-been smoker, blowing smoke rings is pretty fun if you can do it. It's a talent. I really like the drawing too. I think it's especially interesting how you've gone from drawing emaciated holocaust victims to portly jewish smokers in the last 13 years. At least that guy in the foreground looks like he could be wearing a yarmulke. I looked up how to spell that by the way, didn't want to look like a jerk in your blog.
That's wicked observant of you Dana. My holocaust phase was so MassArt... or something. Not sure where this fella's yarmulke came from. I must've thought it was important to represent smokers of all kinds.
14 comments:
interesting drawing. i like all the different quirks
Great drawing!
very fresh take on this smoggy topic
Great!! I like the fact you drew the characters on the bottom and let the smoke fill most of the page. Nice comp!
Great concept and execution. Nice to see Boston artists kicking ass.
oh this is great! love the guy in the back with his mouth wide open.
Love it! Ugh, anyone ever been to the "smoking lounge" in the Atlanta airport? Ewwwwwww.
i like as you drew the smoke!
Wow, seriously Jeff... that's a pretty cool interpretation of smoke. I love the haze at the top... it really works with that definition you've got going at the bottom. Plus I dig the angry looks of entitlement you have there. This is are smoke… you have something to say about it?
Thanks Kate - I LOVE angry looks of entitlement!
I have yet to see a smoker who is just SO happy to be smoking. They might enjoy the act of puffing away and making smoke rings, but it never looks like its bringing any joy.
awesome style! V expressive too!
I gotta say as a has-been smoker, blowing smoke rings is pretty fun if you can do it. It's a talent. I really like the drawing too. I think it's especially interesting how you've gone from drawing emaciated holocaust victims to portly jewish smokers in the last 13 years. At least that guy in the foreground looks like he could be wearing a yarmulke. I looked up how to spell that by the way, didn't want to look like a jerk in your blog.
Dana
That's wicked observant of you Dana. My holocaust phase was so MassArt... or something. Not sure where this fella's yarmulke came from. I must've thought it was important to represent smokers of all kinds.
I love the character with smoke coming out of his nose!
Post a Comment